- The Hire Vehicle will be supplied in good mechanical and cosmetic order throughout with a full tank of fuel and must be returned in this condition.
- The Hire Vehicle may only be taken and driven on public roads within the UK by the Authorised Driver(s) and may not be used for racing or competing of any kind or type, whether on public or private facilities or wheresoever and/or in any non-competitive event on a race track or public or private facility.
- The Hire Vehicle may only be taken and driven on public roads outside the UK by the Authorised Driver(s) if a Special Travel Agreement has been completed to the satisfaction of both AdventureHire Ltd and the insurer, and the insurer has agreed to provide insurance. In such circumstances, the Hire Vehicle may not be used for racing or competing of any kind or type, whether on public or private facilities or wheresoever and/or in any non-competitive event on a race track or public or private facility.
- The Hire Vehicle is supplied with Weather Equipment which must be erected in the event of weather conditions that may result in damage to the interior trim. Weather Equipment must be erected at all times when the Hire Vehicle is left unattended.
- If the Hire Vehicle is equipped with an Anti-Theft Immobiliser the activator key must be kept by one of the Authorised Driver(s) on his or her person at all times when the vehicle is left unattended.
- The Hirer is responsible for the security of the Hire Vehicle and must take all possible precautions to ensure that security is maintained throughout the period of hire.
- The Hirer shall deposit a security bond of £1000 by Credit, Debit card or cash. This sum will be refunded if the Hire Vehicle is returned in a satisfactory condition to Adventure Hire ltd. The Hirer undertakes to return the Hire Vehicle to the place and on the date set down on the agreement form with all tyres, tools and other accessories present and in the same condition as when received. Sevenhire reserves the right to retain the £1000 security bond or make a separate charge to cover the cost of any cleaning and or repair work required if the Hire Vehicle is returned in an unsatisfactory condition.
- Adventure Hire Ltd Insurers – insure car – apply a £1000 excess to any claims on the Insurance Policy. The Hirer will be responsible for that sum as part of any claim arising during their period of hire.
- The hire charge includes vehicle insurance in respect of the Authorised Driver(s). Neither Adventure Hire Ltd nor its Insurer will accept any liability for loss or damage caused while the hire Vehicle is rented to a Hirer who does not comply with the conditions set out in the Insurance Policy, and the Hirer agrees to make any payment necessary to put Adventure Hire Ltd in the position it would have been if the breach had not occurred. The Hirer will supply any information concerning the Authorised Driver(s) of the Hire Vehicle to Sevenhire upon demand and undertakes to allow Adventure Hire ltd direct access to the Authorised Driver(s) of the Hire Vehicle and will fully co-operate in obtaining such access. In the event of an insurance claim, the Hirer shall be liable to forfeit his/her deposit.
- The Hirer must pay the appropriate hire charges to Adventure Hire ltd prior to his or her taking possession of the Hire Vehicle. Payment must be in Cash, by Cheque, or by Credit or Debit cards (Where possible). The Hire Charge includes the mileage stipulated on the Hire Agreement and any additional mileage will be charged at £1 per mile and must be paid when the Hire Vehicle is returned. The hire vehicle must be returned by the agreed time or penalty charges will apply.It is hereby declared and agreed that the Insurance Policy is only to cover the Hire Vehicle whilst let out on hire, subject to the terms and conditions of the Policy and to the following conditions;
- The Hirer shall verify the identity and address of the Authorised Driver(s) (i.e. by means other than relying solely on the information contained in their respective driving licences) and that such persons are not among the excluded persons enumerated below.
- The Hire Vehicle shall not be let out on hire to or driven by –
Hirers over 70 years of age unless otherwise agreed by the Insurer.
Hirers aged 25 or over unless a full valid United Kingdom driving licence has been held for 36 months.
Hirers aged 21 to 24 unless a full valid United Kingdom driving licence has been held for 48 months and have been approved by Adventure Hire Ltd the Insurers.
Hirers who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence
endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed. Parking and not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be ignored. “Spent”
convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
Hirers who have any mental or physical defect or infirmity or suffers from fits, diabetes or any heart complaint or from any other infirmity
that should be disclosed to DVLA.
Hirers who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience
and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
Hirers engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
Hirers who during the last 3 years made 2 or more claims where the cost of each claim has not been recovered from any other party, unless such
person(s) have been declared to the Insurers and has been granted permission to drive under this policy by the Insurers.
Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
Hirers who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
Foreign Service Personnel other than persons born in the United Kingdom.
(Non-UK drivers, under 25s and over 70s please contact us about individual approval by our insurers. This must be arranged in advance
and approval cannot be guaranteed.)
- The Hire Vehicle shall be driven only by the Authorised Driver(s) whose names are on the Hire Agreement completed by the Hirer immediately prior to the hire.
- Adventure Hire ltd shall not be liable for the first £1000 in relation to each and every claim for loss of or damage to the Hire Vehicle.
- The Hirer shall be liable for any loss or damage to the insured vehicle, however arisen, unless the insured vehicle keys are returned in person to a representative of Adventure Hire Ltd.
- Hire Vehicles are rented out at a daily rate according to the charge set out on the Hire Agreement. The Hire Vehicle must be returned to Adventure Hire ltd premises, or agreed location by the pre-arrange time. If it arrives late Adventure Hire Ltd reserves the right to charge the Hirer a sum equivalent to a day’s hire fee.
- The Hirer is liable for all penalties for offences committed under traffic regulations including but not restricted to, parking fines, bus lane fines and speeding fines incurred during the period of hire.
- The Hirer acknowledges that any property placed within the Hire Vehicle is placed there at their own risk and Adventure Hire Ltd has no responsibility for such property.
- The Hirer will at Adventure Hire’s request do, in so far as it is reasonable, any and all acts and execute any and all documents in such manner and at such location required by Adventure Hire Ltd on its behalf and on behalf of the Insurers and permit his or her name to be used by Adventure Hire Ltd for enforcing any rights or remedies against any person in connection with the Hire Vehicle.
- The Hirer or any Authorised Driver will in no way be deemed to be the agent, servant or employee of Adventure Hire Ltd.
- Adventure Hire Ltd will not either on its own behalf or on behalf of the Insurer waive any of its rights hereunder except in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of Adventure Hire Ltd or the Insurer respectively.
- Sevenhire reserves the right to terminate the rental to which this agreement refers if it becomes aware of any breach by the Hirer of these terms and conditions. Upon breach of the above terms and conditions Adventure Hire Ltd may give the Authorised Driver’(s) personal details to credit reference agencies, the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), HM Revenue & Customs, the Police, debt collectors and any other relevant organisation. Adventure Hire Ltd may also give the Authorised Driver’(s) personal details to the British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association, who may pass those details on to any of its members for any purpose stated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Government taxes and other levies will be charged as required by current and future legislation.
- The Hirer acknowledges that he or she has a duty to ensure that all reasonable care is taken of the Hire Vehicle against damage or loss during the rental period. The Hirer accepts responsibility for any loss or damage to the Hire Vehicle caused by their wilful act or negligence. This includes but is not restricted to responsibility for any loss or damage to the Hire Vehicle or its accessories as a result of theft occurring when the Authorised Driver(s) has left the keys in the Hire Vehicle and the Hirer hereby indemnifies Adventure Hire Ltd against any such loss or damage.
- Re booking policy. Adventure Hire Ltd do not offer a refund of any booking, but will reschedule a booking due to bad weather on the rental day, subject to availability. In order to ensure a dry weather day as much as possible, Adventure Hire Ltd will offer customers the option to reschedule their booking, subject to availability. Adventure Hire Ltd will make this service available for all bookings during that current hire season, ie March through to October inclusive. In the event that a booking is not re-confirmed during this time, the booking fee is forfeit and the hire contract is null and void.
- Cancellation and refunds. Adventure Hire Ltd do not offer a refund on any bookings, but will reschedule a booking due to bad weather on the rental day, subject to availability. In the event a customer cancelling a booking, Adventure Hire Ltd will refund 50% of the booking fee, for any cancellation up to 2 weeks prior to the booking. Any cancellation within 2 weeks of the booking, then no refund will be offered. In some circumstances Adventure Hire Ltd will try to offer an alternative rental date, subject to availability.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of the agreement. These terms and conditions supersede all previous agreements whether oral or in writing between the parties on the subject matter of this agreement. Each of the parties agree that it did not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation or warranty whether oral or in writing of any person (whether or not a party to this agreement) other than those expressly set out in this agreement. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude any liability of any party for fraud.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom.
- A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement except as provided but this does not affect any right or remedy of the third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
In these terms and conditions
- a) “Adventure hire ltd” means the business or representative(s) of sevenhire.co.uk;
- b) “the Hirer” means the person, firm or organisation by or on behalf of whom vehicles are rented under these “terms and conditions”;
- c) the term “hirer” also includes those in receipt or holding a gift or prize voucher issued by Adventure hire ltd.
- d) “Authorised Driver(s)” means the driver(s) including the Hirer (if he or she is an individual) approved by adventure Hire ltd and entered on the agreement form;
- e) “Hire Vehicle” means the vehicle described on the hire agreement;
- f) “Insurer” means the insurance company through which insurance is arranged;
- g) “Weather Equipment” means the hood, side-screens and any other equipment supplied by Sevenhire to the Hirer with a view to protect the Hire Vehicle
in the event of weather conditions that may result in damage to the interior trim;
- h) “Insurance Policy” means the policy under which the Hire Vehicle and any third party is insured against any damage caused by the Authorised Driver(s).
- i) “Day’s Hire” means collection and return on the same day unless otherwise arranged.